Stir Fried Butter Mushroom Salad ~ Side Dish

Hey, Happy Chinese New Year everyone! It's the year of DRAGON. My year of birth is Rooster but I called myself a Pheonix. lol! HAHAHA.....Dragon & Pheonix are both best friends. So, I think this going to be my lucky year. kekeke.... This picture was actually taken while I'm on my way to visit my childhood 'kampung', after leaving for 30 years. The whole place has gone. The only houses left was located 2km away from my childhood 'kampung'. My younger brother was so surprised when he saw it cause we used to buy tidbits from that corner shop when our school bus stopped by to wait for the railway . to reopen.

If not mistaken, these shops are about 50 years old or more. Just imagine that! I am so regret  for not taking the Malay 'kampung' houses' pictures. The 'kampung' houses from the North is slightly different from the South. They are much taller and very classy.


After a few days travelling, I am totally exhausted. And I still have to cook. Don't like eating out during this time of the year. Besides, all the restaurants don't serve simple food. They only prepare expensive festive food range and tired of having fast food as well. So, I have made a quickie meal for everyone. Here's what I did.

Ingredients :
2 pkts  white beech mushroom, cut into bite size
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, cubed
2 tbsp   butter
salt to taste
some chopped garlic (optional)
a dash of crashed black pepper
*thickening : 1 tspn  tapioca starch + 2 tbsp water

Method :
(1) preheat frying pan and melt butter.
(2) stir in mushroom and bell pepper, saute till cooked (about a couple of minutes). At the mean time, the mushroom will produce some juices.
(3) add in thickening and off the heat, stir till thickened.
(4) finally, mix together tomatoes & mushroom and serve with main course or anything as desired.

For the quickie pan fried satay chicken, you can refer here and for the rice refer here. And dinner is ready within an hour. How lovely is that! Anyway, I am here wishing all the very best and enjoy this festive season with a total joy....with loads of fun & laughter! Bless you.
*
I'm sending this to Suresh & Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.
(side dish, mushroom, salad )
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...